(COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS COSTA RICA) At Navas & Navas we are conscious of the importance of appropriate protection of trademarks, trade names, copyrights and, in general terms, of all products resulting from human intellect. Costa Rica is part of multiple international treaties regulating the protection of intellectual and industrial property rights, such as the Paris Convention, the Human Rights Universal Declaration, the Bern Convention and the Trademark Treaty, among others. We also have laws such as the Copyrights and Related Rights Act, Trademark and Distinctive Signs Act, and the Law of Procedures for the Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights, among others, protecting and regulating the use, marketing and merchandising of such important assets. The following are some of the services we provide in the field of intellectual property:
- Registration and renewal of trade names.
- Registration and renewal of trademarks.
- Registration of propaganda and advertisement signs.
- Patent registration.
- Registration of copyrights.
- Advice in drafting and adaptation of license agreements.
- Drafting, review and adaptation of intellectual property agreements.
- Drafting, review and adaptation of non-disclosure agreements and confidentiality agreements.
- Examination, assessment and advice in intellectual property cases.
- Handling of claims related with intellectual property rights.