(CRIMINAL LAW COSTA RICA) Navas & Navas gathers widely experienced and highly regarded litigators in the field of Criminal Law. The members of our legal team stand out, either representing the victim of a crime, or the defendant. Our practice has been complemented with the experience of our founding senior partner, Gloria Navas, in the public sector as a distinguished prosecutor, judge, Public Defense Attorney and as the first woman ever appointed as Chief of the Public Defense Department.
Our team of lawyers are fully committed to provide our clients with the best and most efficient legal representation. We are aware of the emotional burden and the exhaustion distinctive of a judicial process of this nature, and that has motivated us to bring the phrase “reliable lawyer” to reality by rendering efficient, ethical and humane services. Our clients can be sure that their interests are being well represented, as the search of timely and efficient justice, according to the rule of the law, is our permanent goal.
Our criminal law practice includes the following services:
- Preventive advice for risk mitigation.
- Diagnostic and assessment of cases, preparation of legal opinions and planning of legal strategies.
- Representation of victims or defendants in criminal cases of fraud, malpractice, injuries, homicide, robbery, sexual offenses and slander, among others.
- Filing and handling of compensatory civil actions to obtain indemnities for loses and damages resulting from a crime.
- Handling of traffic court cases and collection of indemnities.
- Handling of extradition proceedings.
- Attendance and handling of trial hearings.
- Drafting and filing of appeals against Trial Court sentences.
- Drafting and filing of appeals and sentence revision requests before the Supreme Court.
- Appeals against preventive incarceration orders.
- Filing and handling of petitions to reduce sentence, obtain parole and seek other penitentiary benefits.
- Appeals against preventive incarceration orders and seeking of alternative measures.
- Filing of Habeas Corpus before the Constitutional Court.
- Assistance to other attorneys in the handling of criminal cases.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (negotiation, conciliation, mediation or arbitration).li>