Corporate and Start-Ups
(COSTA RICA CORPORATE ATTORNEY) The correct corporate structure allows local and international corporations, as well as investors, to settle in Costa Rica and open businesses like call-centers, hotels or touristic companies; initiate a family enterprise, provide payroll management services, hire employees for different activities and manage real estate and other assets, among many possibilities. Our attorneys at Navas & Navas have broad experience in assisting multinational and local companies who are already operating or who are planning to start-up their businesses in Costa Rica. Our mission is to work side by side with our clients, establish long-term relationships with them and become their allies or “business partners”. The following are some of the services we provide in the corporate area:
- Legal advice in company start-ups.
- Incorporation and registration of corporations.
- Processing and obtaining of Municipal and operation permits (municipal operating permits, zoning authorizations and sanitary permits).
- Contractual advice (lease agreements, contractor agreements, employment agreements, contracts with suppliers).
- Intellectual Property (trademarks, copyrights and protection of trade-secrets).
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Representation of Foreign Companies Law.
- Corporate structure and powers of attorney.
- Corporate Labor and Employment Law.
- Immigration Services to hire foreign employees.
- Custody of legal books.
- Registration with the Costa Rican Social Security Authorities (CCSS).
- Payment of corporate taxes.